Saturday, November 18, 2006

Old School Gasser


This little creation was a lot of fun to draw. I am getting a few pages of print space in Rod & Kulture Illustrated in the spring, and when I sent them a file of the baby carriage, I asked the art director if there was anything he would like me to do. He suggested a gasser. This, my friends is the result. Notice the plug for R&K on the door? The research for this car was very enlightening. Even though I have loved cars all my life, I really didn't know that much about race cars from the early years. Needless to say, there is a ton of info out there is someone is so inclined. The car itself doesn't actually exist; it's components from different cars I found in books, the internet, and of course, my imagination. The concept was from a top view of a 50 Anglia with the front clip removed. That one had an independent front end, so this is made up because I wanted the feel of old school, and nothing says this more than a straight axle. The big block Chevy is from another car, don't remember the type, but it was traditionally carbed- I gave it a home-made type injection system, and the wheels are those cool wagon wheels from the fifties. I've always loved these wheels, so I finally found a place to put them. Nothing reeks of gasser better than a Willies, so of course, I had to do that, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't show way too much detail, so I went ahead and left the front sheetmetal off. Let me know what you think folks, Like it-hate it, either way I'd love to hear your thoughts. I still have the vette in work for ms-p, but if there are any other requests- don't be shy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pic!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

very nicely done - however, those of us who -don't- know the system that well might be wondering where you put the radiator?

yes, I know nothing. please keep drawing.

9:07 AM  
Blogger jkmac said...

Nothing but race baby-8 seconds and you shut her down. Water pumps take away horsepower, radiators add weight. Know what I mean Mr. S?

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the right webpage for anyone who would like to understand this topic.
You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue
with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a topic that's been written about for a long time. Great stuff, just great!

my blog http://nintendosm.com/

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter